REALTOR® Political Action Committee
2014 Major Investors
* Presidents Circle
** Presidents Circle & HOF
Charlie L. Murphy**
Betty A. Schutte**
Ton A. Ali
Dennis R. Anderson
Michael H. Becker
C. Lamont Breland
Mary E. Carpenter
Linda Gibson Cecil
Steve K. Cline
Kristy D. Dugan
Glenn C. Edelen
Carolyn S. Edwards
Lonnie R. Gann
Leslie D. Heath
Ronald E. Hughes
Michael T. Inman
Connie C. Lawson
Rue O. McFarland
Ann D. McDonald**
Louise M. Miller
Dave L. Parks
R. Rip Phillips
Cindy Flynn Piela
Joseph E. Simms
John A. Stough
Carl M. Tackett*
Harrell N. Tague
Libbi J. Taylor
Linda J. Wiley
Candidate Training Academy
Thursday, August 6, 2015
9a.m. - 5p.m. (registration begins at 8:30a.m.)
Location: Lexington-Bluegrass Association of REALTORS® (LBAR)
2250 Regency Road, Lexington KY 40503
or print a registration form here Registration fee:
$50 per person (includes continental breakfast, lunch and all necessary training materials including a 115 page resource manual) For more information, contact Leslie Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 859.263.7377.
This course will provide participants with an understanding of what it takes to run for political office at
either the local, state or federal level and a well-rounded overview of the topics to consider before making
that leap. The course is taught by nationally renowned campaign specialists. Upon completion of this
training session, participants will be able to:
- Assess whether they possess the basic traits necessary to run for office.
- Outline, in 30 seconds, why they are running for office.
- Describe elements for developing a campaign plan & begin the planning process.
- Discuss their research needs based on their target audience & their budget estimates.
- Assess the multiple avenues to approach a Get out the Vote (GOTV) plan.
- Based on your individual campaign’s strengths, plan for the fundraising methods that can prove effective and lucrative.
- Determine the best methods for contacting your constituents, based on voter demographics and budget.
- Analyze the electronic campaign options available and determine which, if any, will prove most effective for your outreach.
RPAC Awards and Honors
View the list of awards and honors including major donors here.
Download an RPAC contribution form | Invest in RPAC Online Now
By contributing to RPAC, you are able to support REALTOR®-friendly legislators who believe in the real estate industry, protect private property rights, preserve the American dream of home ownership, fight for tax reforms and reduce burdensome regulations on your business.
With RPAC, REALTORS® from across the state have the chance to come together and become one voice in Frankfort – the REALTOR® voice. RPAC is the real estate industry's insurance to promote and protect the real estate profession.
KAR monitors legislation regularly, promotes REALTOR®-friendly legislation and keeps potentially harmful legislation from becoming law.
This video provides a great overview of what RPAC does.
Contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes. Contributions to RPAC are voluntary and are used for political purposes. You may refuse to contribute without affecting your membership rights. Seventy percent (70%) of each contribution is used by KAR to support state and local candidates and 30% is sent to National RPAC to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 2 U.S.C. 441a.